About This Game "Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines"
Commandos is a stealth-oriented real-time tactics game series, available for Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X. The game is set in the Second World War and follows the escapades of a fictional British Commandos section. It leans heavily (though not always accurately) on historical events during WWII to carry the plot. The series was developed by the Spanish company Pyro Studios and published by Eidos Interactive.
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines
Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (CBEL) was released on July 1, 1998. It was published by Eidos Interactive, and developed by Pyro Studios. It features 20 missions. The view is isometric with tactical gameplay. Several of the missions are reminiscent of novels or Hollywood movies, for example:
- 3rd mission (Reverse Engineering): The dam-busting climax is similar to "Force 10 from Navarone".
- 4th mission (Restore Pride): Taking down the German villa (to cause confusion in the Wehrmacht's middle-level command) is akin to "The Dirty Dozen".
- 5th mission: The cable car revives memories of "Where Eagles Dare".
- 14th mission (D-Day Kickoff): Destruction of coastal batteries, the plot for "The Guns of Navarone".
- 15th mission (End of the Butcher): An assassination mission as in "The Dirty Dozen: The Next Mission".
- 18th mission (Force of Circumstance): Blowing up the bridge, a la "The Bridge on the River Kwai".
A Sega Mega Drive/Genesis version of Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, with the first 5 missions, was also made by Russian homebrew programmers, but lacked sound and certain other features of the PC version.
The installed Game is in .rar file. You must download WinRAR if you already not have. (WinRAR available at this site) Then extract the game and start playing.